Jay and I love to prepare these super healthy vegan patties especially during Thanksgiving because everybody loves them, even non-vegetarians! Combined with organic mashed potatoes and fresh, living cranberry sauce poured over the top… it’s something we want to share with you this season!
1 cup soaked cashews (soak overnight then drain and rinse)
3/4 cup soaked sunflower seeds (soak overnight then drain and rinse)
3/4 cup roasted pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup hemp seeds
2 stalks celery
1/2 sweet onion
1/3 cup virgin olive oil
2 tbsps. brewers yeast
Herbs & Spices:
seasalt and pepper to taste
2 tsp. fresh basil
1 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. thyme
3 cloves garlic
1 tsp. sage
- In a food processor, place the cashews, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds, celery, onion and blend until coarsely blended.
- Place these ingredients into a bowl, then add: the brewers yeast, olive oil and the rest of the spices.
- Make into small patties (about 2 or 3 inches in diameter) and place onto parchment paper or dehydrating tray paper
- to either dehydrate at 110 degrees for 3 to 5 hours, or you can bake them at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, turning
- on each side to make sure they brown.
- Pour over fresh Gravy and eat with your Traditional Thanksgiving meal with all the fixings…mashed potatoes, stuffing….or you can use a good pasta sauce to pour over the top of the Nutty Patties!