Our culture must change in our office workplace if we are to make great strides in our health. We are living in the dark if we pretend to believe we are eating healthily if we haven’t transformed our workplace’s snack food/lunch environment. It’s something we face everyday – so let’s see what we can do, easily to bring some LIFE into our workplace!
Why work hard by transforming our eating habits at home, when at work we secretly eat or are tempte d to eat the worst kinds of foods: chips, laden with hydrogenated fats, sodas at 100% all corn syrup, cookies, cakes and so forth?
Our schools have been slowly doing better because pressure from the community but it’s the work environment’s foods that are still hidden in the dark ages.
Here’s what I would like to see change!
- Bring a good, strong and easy to manage juicer and blender into the office kitchen.
- Eliminate all coffee and sugar and even the coffee machines from the visual eye…..
- Order fresh, purified water to be delivered weekly.
- Create a quiet, meditative dark room with a massage table and futon for breaks so employees can rest and regain their balance
- Rotate responsibilities as to who is going to buy produce for that week.
- Bring fresh, organic snacks from home. (*suggestions are at the bottom.)
- Take 15 minute brisk walking breaks or make part of your lunch hour.
- Eliminate ALL cheap snacks that are in vending machines. What’s there will tempt!
By juicing daily, or making super nutritive smoothies, by meditating and taking brisk walks and eating superior organic food snacks will only enhance work performance and eliminate lots of sick days….
You can be the first to transform your workplace. It can be done, and it’s about time we did!!!!
*apples, raw and roasted nuts, trail mix without m & m’s, flax crackers, pears, bananas, sunflower and hemp seeds. avocados, hummus with baby Carrots, nut butters, celery sticks with nut butters.