This is a great autumn through wintertime soup created by Jay and Linda Kordich. It’s naturally high in protein, so even those who just have to have lots of protein in their meals will love this vegan soup. It’s super easy to make too!
Here’s the recipe from Our Living Kitchen:
Organic produce strongly recommended
3 cups dark button mushrooms
1 cup black beans, pre-cooked
Approx 3 cups purified water
1/2 white or yellow onion, chopped
6 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp Braggs Aminos (substitute for Tamari)
Sea salt and crushed black pepper to taste
Additional Ingredients make this “souper” good (optional)
Chopped green onion
Coconut cream or milk poured over the top
Raw red bell pepper and carrots, grated
Flax crackers – for that special crunch
- In a skillet under low heat, add: chopped mushrooms, water, onion, garlic, olive oil, Braggs, and sea salt and crushed black pepper.
- Cook for 25 minutes or longer until mushrooms have cooked through thoroughly.
- Use an immersion blender or regular blender to blend mixture to the consistency you like.
- Optional: You can also blend the beans with the rest of the soup, but the beans give it an extra chewy feeling that we like.
- Add the beans and you are ready to enjoy a high protein, low fat, delicious meal!